In the Past
Rawcliffe's Inc. is a Maine business that was started in 1915. John "Jack" and Cora Rawcliffe started selling Mobil products from a general store on the Kennebec Road in Hampden Highlands. For the next ten years the business operated out of this location. Unfortunately, the store was lost to a fire.
Then in 1928, the Mobil Garage at 99 Main Road South in Hampden was established. The original building was bought and moved from Hammond Street in Bangor. This facility included not only Mobil products but a service station as well. This service station was passed down to two of Jacks' sons, Reggie and Carl, who operated the Mobil Station until 1976....
With Jeff as the owner, the business grew to needing a second location in 1989, when the 651 Main Road North location was purchased and Rawcliffe's Service Center was established. Today there are 3 buildings at this location providing 13 bays and 8 ASE certified technicians.
Rawcliffe's Inc. is a well established, independent full service repair facility. Jeff Rawcliffe takes great pride in the certification and awards this company has earned as well as the commitment to customer service and quality repair that the technicians provide.
What about the future?
Our future plans include a continuation of the great service that customers have come to expect, with Rob Rawcliffe, Jeff's son working to provide quality service. Rawcliffe's Service Center will be in good hands for the next generation of customers.